Trigger and Content Warnings

use the topic description and spoiler code

Get help with the features on this forum, or tell us how we can improve your experience.
Brooklyn
♪♫ Evil Admin ♫♪
Pronouns: she/her, they/them
Mood:
Loading…

Post 6 months ago

Along with the usual things we tend to post warnings about (violence, transphobia, etc.), please try to be aware that maybe not everyone shares your fascination with:

Spiders
Snakes
Creepy crawlies, etc.
Food (yes, even pictures of food can be a problem sometimes)

The easiest way to do it is with spoiler codes. Like this, but with the square brackets: {spoil} stuff {/spoil}. On the posting page, the spoil BBCode looks like the warning triangle. Image

Code: Select all

[spoil]Hidden content ----- [img]http://www.cuteanimalshare.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Cute-kitten-fall-asleep-after-playing-so-cute-and-adorable-kitten-pictures-1-298x248.jpg[/img] [/spoil]
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
I think it's probably only necessary to do this for the first post in a thread. It will be understood that subsequent posts will likely contain unhidden images.

Another good idea is to stick your warnings in the topic description, so other people know even before clicking on it that it may contain something they don't want or need to see.

I have no plans to ban people for not posting warnings or anything. This is just a friendly reminder. I wanted to post a funny cartoon about spiders, but then I remembered we have at least one member here with arachnophobia.

Edit: It looks like I need to fix the spoiler code because it's not working properly LOL
1 x
Brooklyn
♪♫ Evil Admin ♫♪
Mood:
Loading…

Post 6 months ago

On that note, the site may be a little wonky at times today while I look into that. I might replace the default post editor with different one that's more modern and easier to use. The only reason I haven't done it is because it takes forever to set it up properly. :P
0 x
Brooklyn
♪♫ Evil Admin ♫♪
Mood:
Loading…

Post 6 months ago

Trying out a new editor, working out the kinks. Ignore everything I said in the first post about spoiler codes for now. :P
0 x